We are anxious. We worry. We think. We think some more. To stop the cycle, we often need a pattern interrupt. Believing that there is abundance in the world and that there is enough to give and to receive often helps us to get off of the hamster wheel and into the stream of life.
But what is abundance? Is it money? Is it having more than enough of everything? True abundance, Deepak Chopra says, is when you experience joy, health, happiness, sense of purpose and vitality.
Here are 4 things you can do today to plant seeds of abundance to stop anxiety.
1. Practice gratitude – Write down 5 – 10 things right now that you are grateful for. This will change your mindset and help you to look for the good.
2. Write a thank you note to the universe for bringing you to this point in your life. Saying thank you is an act of humility. When we act in humility, we open ourselves up to receive.
3. Be mindful: The tiniest thing can bring big gains. You could be walking down the street and catch of whiff of a scent that can take you back to a memory that can put you in a good mood all day. Whenever I smell onions and celery sautéing I think of my grandma. I like to linger in the thoughts. We so often linger in the negative thoughts, what if lingered in the positive.
4. Perform a random act of kindness: This is such a good way to plant a seed of abundance and works especially well when we are at our upper limit and feeling done. Who can you do something for? Write a note to? Reach out to? Give a homeless person lunch and talk to them. Look them in the eye. You will feel empowered. You will have given someone a meal and self-respect.
What are other random acts of kindness?
– Keep homeless bags in your car
– Leave cookies on your neighbor’s doorstep
– Write a nice note and send it to someone for no reason
– Help someone put groceries in the car
– Smile at others
That’s all. Feel free to consider to share some other practices to improve your days just in the comments. If they are relevant, they’ll be added to the post.
Get help from the best resources online
Many readers ask us suggestions about very good resources online that can effectively help people with their methods and that are not expensive.
I will now suggest three of the best programs I’ve ever found online:
- Anxiety Shift: this guide definitely have helped people to improve their situation, I think you should probably give it a try since it is based on a technique that breaks the anxiety cycle.
- Panic Away: Barry Mcdonagh has helped people for over ten years, from top CEO’s and celebrities to soldiers and moms. His work has been used by more than 80.000 people online.
- CBT4Panic: Based on cognitive behavioral therapy, this program is one of the most complete (audio, video, ebooks, worksheets…) and you can get it at a very low price considering the expensive courses present on the web.I strongly suggest to refer to one of these because you will definitely save a lot of money and, more importantly, you will notice big results in very few weeks.
PS. Don’t miss these great resources on Anxiety & Panic Attacks!